Based in Prague, Czech Republic
3 February, 2016
Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux)
Experience legendary American trucks and deliver various cargoes across sunny California, sandy Nevada, and the Grand Canyon State of Arizona. American Truck Simulator takes you on a journey through the breathtaking landscapes and widely recognized landmarks around the States.
Game mechanics are based on the highly successful model from Euro Truck Simulator 2 and have been expanded with new features, creating the most captivating game experience from SCS Software.
American Truck Simulator puts you in the seat of a driver for hire entering the local freight market, making you work your way up to become an owner-operator, and go on to create one of the largest transportation companies in the United States.
Back in the USA
We're proud to announce that we're bringing the ultimate big rig experience from the USA, a country that was born to trucks. The first release of American Truck Simulator is only the start, there's a long journey ahead of us.
Set out on the road together!
Chief Executive Officer
After the successful reception of Euro Truck Simulator 2, we have decided to expand our game universe across the Atlantic Ocean. The game was announced first in September 2013 in early stages of development.
- Drive highly detailed truck models officially licensed from iconic truck manufacturers.
- Your truck is your new home. Make it yours by changing cabins, chassis, paintjobs, adding tuning accessories or more powerful engines.
- Lots of different cargoes to choose: From food to machinery to hazard cargoes.
- Multiple types of trailers – from reefers to flatbeds, from dumpers to lowboys and goosenecks.
- The longest trailers (up to 53 ft) will challenge your skills and patience while hauling and during parking.
- Deliver your cargoes to a rich variety of companies and locations like refineries, oil storage, gas stations, car factories, or roadworks.
- Various simulation settings for trucking enthusiasts: Air brake simulation; different types of brakes: retarder, Jake brake, trailer brake; multiple types of transmissions straight from real trucks, brake intensity, and more.
- Feel like inside a real cabin: Adjust your seat, mirrors and position your head to get the best view of the road.
- Drive safely, follow the rules and speed limits – police will fine you if you aren't careful!
- Ensure that you are not delivering overweight cargo – you may be checked at the weigh scales.
- Use the route adviser as your personal assistant during the travels.
- Try the life of a truck driver for hire. By delivering the cargoes safely and improving your skills, become the owner of your own, successful company!
- Build your own fleet of trucks, buy garages, hire drivers, manage your company for maximum profits.
- Make your trucking time better by listening to your favorite songs via built-in music player or streaming your favorite radio stations.
- Capture your favorite moments with a photo mode offering rich set of editing options.
- Great support for steering wheels, gamepads and other input devices.
- Long-time support of the game, including new features.
- Obtain challenging Steam achievements and collect all hand-painted Steam trading cards.
Launch trailer YouTube
Game features trailer YouTube
Arizona expansion trailer YouTube
World rescale trailer YouTube
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Sim 2016" Game Debate, 24 November, 2016
- "Best Simulation 2016" Zing.cz, 31 January, 2017
- "Best Technology Contribution" Czech GOTY Awards, 10 February, 2017
Steam group with latest news is on steamcommunity.com
Latest development news can be found on our blog blog.scssoft.com
Full video monetization agreement is available at scssoft.com
About SCS Software
SCS Software is Prague-based game developer known and recognized worldwide for creating the most popular simulator video games. Portfolio of the company contains some of the most critically acclaimed video game hits of the recent years, including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator.
More information on SCS Software, our logo & relevant media are available here.